- COSMOS Testbed Overview
- Getting Started
- User Guide
- Resources, Services and APIs
- Hardware Info
- RF Policies & Compliance
COSMOS Testbed Overview
Important Information for COSMOS Users
Due to construction work being done at the Columbia University location, the ability to transmit from the SDRs in s1-lg1.bed.cosmos-lab.org and s2-lg1.bed.cosmos-lab.org is disabled until November 2020. Receiving on these nodes and all other functionality are still permitted. However, due to protection installed over the antennas, receive signal strength will be heavily attenuated.
These transmit restrictions do not affect s3-lg1.bed.cosmos-lab.org, md1.bed.cosmos-lab.org, md2.bed.cosmos-lab.org, or any nodes in sb1.cosmos-lab.org and sb2.cosmos-lab.org.
The COSMOS (Cloud enhanced Open Software defined MObile wireless testbed for city-Scale deployment) project is aimed at design, development and deployment of an advanced wireless city-scale testbed in order to support real-world experimentation on next-generation wireless technologies and applications.
Participants and Funding
The COSMOS testbed is being deployed in West Harlem, New York City with technical focus on ultra-high-bandwidth and low-latency wireless communications with tightly coupled edge computing, and emphasis on the millimeter-wave (mmWave) radio communications and dynamic optical switching.
- New users, please follow the guide at Getting Started
- More details on the project are available on the main website.
- More Overview information can be found at these subpages, and the navigation on the right.
Reference Paper and DOI
The following paper describes the project vision and key technologies as well as the development, deployment, and outreach efforts. We would appreciate it if you cite this paper when publishing results obtained using the COSMOS testbed.
- Raychaudhuri, I. Seskar, G. Zussman, T. Korakis, D. Kilper, T. Chen, J. Kolodziejski, M. Sherman, Z. Kostic, X. Gu, H. Krishnaswamy, S. Maheshwari, P. Skrimponis, and C. Gutterman, “Challenge: COSMOS: A city-scale programmable testbed for experimentation with advanced wireless,” in Proc. ACM MOBICOM’20, 2020." (Download) https://doi.org/10.1145/3372224.3380891