- COSMOS Testbed Overview
- Getting Started
- User Guide
- Resources, Services and APIs
- Hardware Info
- RF Policies & Compliance
Figure 1 shows the logical topology of COSMOS cloud architecture overlayed on its optical topology (with aggregated link capacities indicated). All of the fully-user-controllable ToR (Ethernet) switches (managind both data networks) support both traditional and SDN programmability at L2/L3 (Ethernet/IP). The open-source open network operating system (ONOS) platform and most of the standard SDN controllers can be used for SDN and NFV experimentation.
- 64x100G Dell Z9264-ON
- 32x100G Dell Z9100-ON
- 48x1G Dell S3048-ON
- 48x25G Dell S5248F-ON
- 8x1G Planet IGS-5225-8T2S2X
- Used for 1G connectivity with a rack or data-room.
- Various vendors: Dell, Monoprice, Belden, etc.
- Standardized on cat6+ for futureproofing
Direct Attach Cables
Used to connect devices within a Rack, for cost efficiency
Lengths up to 7 meters in use, but most common are 1,2,3,5 meters. Part Numbers:
- Not used in the NYC deployment.
- 10G-SR is used in the COSMOS SB1 Deployment at Rutgers