|Version 4 (modified by 13 months ago) ( diff ),|
- COSMOS Testbed Overview
- Getting Started
- User Guide
- Resources, Services and APIs
- Hardware Info
- RF Policies & Compliance
This is a brief overview of the main concepts and terms needed to follow Cosmos Overview/Workflow
Everything that Experimenters can interact with is referred to as a Resource
To run an experiment, you will configure the resources that you need.
- Compute machines
- capable of having disk images loaded and saved
- users can log into them with ssh after provisioning
- Software Defined Radios
- FPGA images loaded with UHD
- Radio paramaters controlled with UHD or other API
- RF Frontends
- api to control switches, filters, and gain
- Network switches
- connectivity defined with API
- Optical Devices
- space switch, roadms, and other devices controlled with optical config service
Note, some resources will fall into more than one of the above categories, such as a compute machine with integrated SDR, like the USRP 2974
Resources are grouped under Domains. Each domain won't interfere with any others, and they are reserved completely separately.
The hardware in a domain may span several sites.
Physically separate locations where hardware is installed. This may refer
Images refer to a full disk image, that can be loaded onto, or saved from the testbed machines.
For instructions on how to work with images, refer to User Guide/Omf Quick Start
For details on the available images, Refer to User Guide/Image Versions